Zebra Metals & Environmental Services, is part of The Zebra Group of companies based at Gracemere in Central Queensland.
Directors Ron & Tracey Bowes commenced their automotive parts recycling business in 1989 with Rockhampton Truck Wreckers (later becoming Zebra Wrecking Co.) In the ensuing 25 years the group has grown to now comprise six businesses, four of which are specialists in ELV (End of Life Vehicle) recycling, and two covering the metal recycling and waste management needs of their extensive customer base. All six businesses are located in the Rockhampton Regional Council area. They employ a combined total of over 45 local staff, and are managed with an emphasis on worker safety, retention of long term dedicated employees, and the maintenance of strong commercial relationships.
The Zebra Metals & Environmental Services vision is to be the industry leader in Australasia for converting a loss into a gain through beneficial total waste stream management and metal recycling.
Zebra Metals & Environmental Services:
- Manages all forms of scrap metal
- Recycled in excess of 17,500 tonnes last calendar year
- Provides recyclable material removal and landfill clean-up services for various sites in Central Queensland and the Northern Territory
- Regularly participates in the Clean-up Australia project
- Offers a free car body removal service throughout Central Queensland
- Processes large quantities of fuel and waste fluids in an environmentally safe manner
- Is in on-going discussions with local councils, and mining entities regarding innovative recycling initiatives for different materials currently still going to landfill.
Zebra Metals & Environmental Services is a profitable local business which is continually growing and rapidly expanding. Future commitments will see this business continue to provide a quality efficient service to all current and new customers, including and not limiting ourselves to removal of all scrap metals in Central Queensland.
The Zebra Way: Exceeding expectations